Leadership, Team Building, and Setting Goals to Improve Student Performance and Form Disciples of Jesus Christ
March 27-29, 2022
Perdido Beach Resort, Orange Beach, Alabama
This retreat with the Leadership Teams from the Catholic Diocese of Biloxi will focus on helping the 15 schools in the Diocese take the next steps toward creating cultures of intentional discipleship for their school communities. The goals for the event include:
- Get the staff familiar with each other in an enjoyable atmosphere
- Break boundaries between management and staff to bring out everyone’s best work.
- Team Building – how the work gets done and how each person has to be accountable and have the necessary authority to complete their work while understanding that a larger goal/process needs focus.
- Skill development in planning, problem solving, innovation, and decision making.
- Bring all schools to the same place in Parish-School-Family Partnership and Forming Intentional Disciples of Christ.
- Help each school develop a plan for Faith Formation Plans for all students.
Session i: Forming Intentional Disciples at Your School
Biloxi Session I
The definitive aim of catechesis is to put people not only in touch but in communion, in intimacy, with Jesus Christ: only He can lead us to the love of the Father in the Spirit and make us share in the life of the Holy Trinity.
Pope St. John Paul II, Catechesi Tradendae, 5
It is the Holy Spirit who, today just as at the beginning of the Church, acts in every evangelizer who allows himself to be possessed and led by Him. The Holy Spirit places on his lips the words which he could not find by himself, and at the same time the Holy Spirit predisposes the soul of the hearer to be open and receptive to the Good News and to the kingdom being proclaimed.
Techniques of evangelization are good, but even the most advanced ones could not replace the gentle action of the Spirit. The most perfect preparation of the evangelizer has no effect without the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit the most convincing dialectic has no power over the heart of man.
Pope St. Paul VI, Evangelii Nuntiandi, 75
Session iI: Faith Formation Plans: Roadmaps for Discipleship
Session iII: Families, schools, and parishes as partners on mission
Theology of the Body
Fruitful Discipleship Partnerships
If you would like to continue the conversation about making disciples in your school, please don't hesitate to contact us.